Tuesday 23 October 2007

You know, I think there's something about Robins and hitting people on the head with batarangs. But don't worry, I didn't hit Tim to hard, only hard enough to knock him out.

"Was that really necessary?"
"Bruce, there's been a major breakout in the Arkham area and we're going down to save the day, like a normal family!" I ordered.

I dragged Tim up the stairs to the bathroom and dropped him in to the bathtub with an ungraceful thud. And turned the cold water on.

Suddenly he jumped up "SCREW YOU!" he screamed, quiet clearly cold and angry. In truth, I was scared.

Cold, angry and now murderous Tim was very scary, but I was the older brother here. Nature gave me the power. "You are going to get sober, ready and dressed to go out and kick ass!" I marched out of the bathroom and then ran to the safety of the kitchen.

I waited (with my weapon: a spatula) for Tim (and Bruce) and ate Bruce's cookies

"This breakout better be good!" Tim walked in, I stumbled up and threw the cookies in to the trash compactor. "Yep, loads of villians to take down. Penguin, Riddler, Joker, Harley, Ivy, Freeze and Scarecrow" I listed, Bruce came down.

"Okay, we're ready to go...I'm driving!" I shouted running to the batmobile, "last one there is a rotten pumpkin!" I got their first, then Tim and surprisingly last, was Bruce.
I think it has something to do with the fact he ignored me and just walked.

"Okay, just to iron out a few kinks, Tim stop drinking and everytime you feel like drinking talk to somebody and Bruce, you, should...uh...brood less." I tell them all whilst turning a corner in downtown Gotham. "Sure, I'll do that as long as you don't send me to rehab and Dick, we aren't anywhere near Arkham" Tim pointed out the window.

"I know Tim."

I parked the car and handed both Tim and Bruce a paper brown bag, then lead them to the first door on the street. "What's going on?" Bruce asked me, I ignored him (man, I was gonna get in trouble for ignoring him) and knocked on the door. A woman in her mid-40s opened the door and I stuck out my paper bag.

"HAPPY HALLOWEEN!" I greet with a grin.

"Oh my God, these costumes are amazing! Did you make these yourselves? My children would love this, Charlie! TAMMY! Look at the Trick-or-Treaters!" two kids ran down, one dressed as Spider-Man the other as a witch came down and stared in awe. The Spider-Man kid pointed at us "Mom, look it's Robin, Nightwing and Batman!"
The mom chuckled, "you know if I didn't know any better I'd think you were really those heroes" she then turned to her kids "now why don't you go get the trick-o-treaters some candy?"

I smiled, I loved candy.

"I got a chocolate skeleton."
"Really? I'll trade you that for a two plastic spiders, a zombie eye and a vampire trump card."
"Go to Hell, if you want the chocolate skeleton so bad then give me the Evil Gingerbread Man!"
"Screw you, get your own Evil Gingerbread Man!"

"Now, Nightwing didn't you have something to tell me?" Bruce cut in to me and Tim's argument, "well if you give me your jelly spider I might consider telling you" I bargained with a grin. "No, I got the jelly spider. Deal with it" I pouted at his refusal.

As you can guess, Bruce got the most treats, seems kids like Batman more (but then again all of my pictures of him Trick-o-Treating, yes, he joined in the fun, will teach him!).

"Spill it already!" moaned Tim between a mouthful of chocolate mints.

I took a deep breath.

"Me and Barbra are...ENGAGED!"

3 comments:

Vegeta said...

I doubt the kids would like Batman so much oif they had to talk to him

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Mmmm, Halloween candy, agghhlllagghhll aghhlll--

PffT!

You're engaged!?

Anonymous said...

congrats