Sunday 21 October 2007

As we hovered above the clouds Cass broke the eerie silence, "he called...me...mother" Stephanie turned to her and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "He was probably just messing with you


"Cass, the future is not a certainty, only the past is. You know, in the Titans future Bart's alive. I'm not disputing if he really is from the future, however don't expect him to be there when it becomes the present. You could easily have one daughter and it might not even be with Vincent" Nightwing explained slowly, Cass frowned.

"You, don't think...I'll...have...kids? Or...be...with...Vince?" she asked.

Rose decided to step in. "Cass, what he's saying is just don't get any ideas or expectations."

"I'm sure you'll have lovely children with Vincent. But future is never certain" I answer, Cass gave a long winded sigh in response to my comment, I turned to Tim for some response to see him drinking out of a tippy cup.

Wait.

A tippy cup?

"Tim, what are you doing?" I say slowly, "oh you mean the cup" he pointed at it and I nodded. "There are no more cups and I was thirsty" sure, that reply makes sense. But there are no tippy cups in the batplane because nobody would need it, not even the Satanic Brat as he's 6. Before I could inquire further in to the Tippy Cup Investigation, Steph finally snapped.

"You dated Wonder Girl?" her voice sounded as if she was on the brink of either crying or punching Tim. He nodded solemnly before drinking whatever in the hell was in that tippy cup.
"Why?" okay, Steph was on the brink of crying, she definately seemed more upset now than angry.

"Stephanie, both you and Conner were dead. Bart had left the Titans, Raven had gone to Russia, Starfire went of on her own little space adventure, Cyborg and Beast Boy both left to join Doom Patrol. I was left with absolutely nothing but an empty Tower and Cassandra. Two months in to this hollow shell, we'd already been through 6 members. That entire year, we'd say goodbye to 31 Titans and we only had each other to lean on. She was there during some of my...bad moments. But as much as I, wait, that's wrong. WE both enjoyed our time together but we don't love each other. She loved or loves Conner and I love..." before Tim could actually finish his sentence the Batplane computer interrupted.

"We've landed in West City, location...HQ of Team Legacy"

We all stood there staring at both Tim and Steph waiting for the inevitable.

At least, what we thought would be inevitable.

"Well guys, this is your stop" before we could even respond Steph and Cassandra were both knocked out of the plane on to the ground. "Bye guys" waved Rose with a grin as she ran to the control panel and pressed a load of buttons. No sooner had she knocked them on to the ground, we we're in Gotham.

I get the feeling Rose likes Tim.

And is jealous of Steph.

4 comments:

TX said...

you are just now figuring that out?

Nightwing said...

Teenage hormones are far to fast these days, I mean they'll love you then hate you. Really, kids, slow down. You have the rest of your life ahead of you.

Bruce Cain said...

Even if they do break u Which they did several times in my timeline. they kept doing the whole " Friends with privlages " thing. Me and my sister are likely inevitible, though we'll likely have diffrent lives since Black Zero is messed up.

Nightwing said...

Friends with privaledges? Yep, I've taught my little sister well.