Sunday 8 April 2007

Let the Battl- Boudakai begin!

“Looks like you’re up against your Kid Devil over there” I pointed at the giant billboard that displayed all the upcoming fights. “Yer, ya think I can win?” Laura asmed, “Laura why do you think I encouraged you in to entering this competition?” She shrugged, “great ability develops and reveals itself increasingly with every new assignment.”

I quote, “so you’re saying that you’re putting me in to this competition not to win but to make myself better” the voice was piqued with curiosity. I nodded “exactly Laura, because when I offered to train you it seemed clear to me that your goal was to make yourself better as a fighter and hopefully through that as a person at the same time. Through this competition I also want to remind you of that goal." Something shiny catches my eye and I see a bunch of cheerleaders doing the splits.

“Pervert” Laura exclaimed before breaking in to a fit of laughter, “don’t say that out loud because if Wolverine hears you calling me that I’ll leave this place ‘half’ a man” I remind her. “They’re like 16 year olds!” I look back, “actually the head cheerleader is a 19 year old and if I’m correct the legal age of consent in Japan is 18” she mocks a gasp. "Hey, I had to learn the laws of different nations."

"Why Bat-Kid?"

“Cause Gotham has a huge illegal sex trade going on it’s really sicken” I cut myself off as I realise where the conversation would go. A strange silence filled for a few minutes and I couldn’t help but “It doesn’t make any less of a person and anyone who claims that it does is only trying to make there self feel alive. Look it isn’t about what happens in life it’s about what you do with life and you’re doing something great. Better yet x-tremely astonishing” she punched my arm before I could laugh.

“Funny…Dick” she ran off with a smile, “do you see me smiling Laura, because it isn’t funny!” I shout at her. This tournament was going to be fun.

2 comments:

cooltopten said...

"great ability develops and reveals itself increasingly with every new assignment." I love that.If you belive in yourself you can do anything.Good luck and stay safe.

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Illegal sex trade? When I see something like that, I usually come blasting in to stop them with both blasters blazing.

The guns are set to stun, of course, I'm one of the good guys.